Nurture your body and mind through Mud therapy !
By: Nimba - March 3, 2021
Our body is made up of 5 basic elements and out of five one is earth. So things coming from earth is best combination with our body. Due to stressful lifestyle we hold so many toxins into our body which cause unhealthy body, mind and soul.
Mud – natural element coming from earth which can heal our body, mind and soul holistically and help you lead a better lifestyle. Mud therapy is Slowly gaining popularity globally to treat various health problems. Mud contains a lot of vital nutrients and minerals, essential for the body. It has been found to be effective in curing a wide variety of disorders, such as headache, skin problems, conjunctivitis, in digestion, glaucoma, anxiety, depression, insomnia etc.
There are different type of mud, each with their different therapeutic qualities and distinguishable by their color- black, brown, white, red etc use for different purpose.
How it works?
Mud has a power to absorb and dilute bad toxins from the body which might be making you sick. Applying mud packs around affected area can cure the excess heat and cool down the body from the inside. Also helps to detoxify your body.
There are two type of mud therapy: –
1. Mud packs
- Mud holds moisture and provide coolness for longer then and other packs.
- The cool moisture inside the mud relaxes the pores of the skin, draws the blood to the surface, relieves inner congestion, promotes heat radiation and eliminates morbid matter.
2. Mud Bath
- It is similar to mud pack, but applied almost entire portion of the body.
- The mud bath is followed by a hot water shower and then a cold water shower.
- The bath tones up the skin and reenergizes the skin tissues, by improving blood circulation, also know as a cleansing/detox bath.
Properties of mud are as follows:
- Heat absorbing power
- Holds moisturizer
- Eliminate toxins from body
- Antimicrobial analgesic properties
- Anti- ageing
- Anti- inflammation
Benefits of mud therapy:-
- Relieve headache – Cooling property of mud relieve headache immediately caused due to dehydration, spending long hours in the heat, excessive stress, inadequate sleep and diet etc.
- Improve digestion – Mud eliminates toxins from the body and improves metabolism, also absorbs intestinal heat and helps to cure constipation, gas, acidity, gurg etc.
- Muscle sourness – Mud has anti- inflammatory property which helps to cure swelling /inflammation and relieves pain. Helps with Osteoarthritis, Periarthritis, Rheumatism, Gout by reducing stiffness of the joints and restricted movements.
- Soft and radiant skin – The biggest benefit mud therapy has to offer is for the skin. Exposure to sun, stress, hormonal imbalance, inadequate sleep, unhealthy diet etc can cause acne, blemishes, dark spots, tanning, early signs of ageing, skin allergies, rashes, redness, etc. Mud eliminates the toxins from skin and reduction of bad effects of Pita in the body. Mud therapy makes skin softer and radiant.
- Soft and smooth Hair – Mud has property to hold moisture for longer period which helps to provide moisture and nourishment for your hair and improve hair health. Also helps to cleanse scalp, increase blood circulation , reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
- Eye care – In digital world, we spend major time in front of screen, which is stressful for our eyes. Application of mud around eye area provide cooling layer, reduce stress around the eyes, rejuvenates it and promotes good eye health.
- Anxiety, depression – Soft mud can relax the muscles and soothe the mind, helps to improve sound sleep and calmness.
In short, mud formula improves the local circulation in the soft tissues under the skin, reduce inflammation and pain in the muscles and joints (due to excess physical exercise, arthritis or injury). It also balance Dosha in the body (vata, pita, kapha),which gives refreshed and rejuvenated feeling for prolong period. Mud therapy makes you forget all your worries.