How Can Ayurveda Help In Boosting Immunity
By: - September 15, 2020
While the world is suffering, our body’s natural defense system, our immunity, is shielding and protecting us. There are some general ways in which we must protect ourselves against this deadly virus. First and foremost, we need to restrict our outings to necessary ones only. Apart from that, here are some ways in which we can improve our immunity, naturally:
- Consume a well-balanced diet, preferably a Sattvik diet in order to keep the body and mind healthy.
- Cleanse your upper respiratory tract with ingredients like Tulsi, pepper, ginger, and other strengthening herbs and spices
- Do not drink cold water. Consume warm water throughout the day
- Add turmeric to your warm milk to boost your immunity
- Minimize the usage of frozen foods. Consume healthy green vegetables and fruits on a regular basis
- Exercise daily
- Include Yoga and meditation in your routine
- Detox your body and mind naturally by consuming healthy detox drinks and practicing mindful meditation
Some of the ayurvedic practices to boost immunity are:
– Apply ghee/ sesame oil in both the nostrils in morning and evening
– Consume Chyawanprash every morning
In case of a sore throat or dry cough
– Practice steam inhalation, once a day. Add fresh mint leaves or Ajwain for better results
– Mix clove powder with honey and consume it 2-3 times a day
Ayurveda detox is one of the powerful ways to cleanse the body. Every morning one should consume an apple or pear along with the regular breakfast. Moreover, the consumption of green leafy vegetables is known to detoxify the body of a person and thereby enhance the immune system. There are a lot of spices like ginger, fenugreek, fennel, coriander, turmeric, etc., that additionally helps in boosting immunity.
Abhyangam therapy, an ayurvedic oil massage treatment that helps in extracting toxic substances out from the skin and relaxes the body. The herbal oil, selected as per the body type of an individual, restores the balance of the Doshas.
Shirodhara treatment, where a stream of warm herbal oil liquid is poured on the forehead which exerts constant vibration and nourishes the scalp. It is beneficial in reducing stress levels and insomnia.
Nasyam therapy, herbal oil or special herbal liquid is instilled in the body through the nose. After administering the liquid, the shoulder, head, and neck area are massaged gently. It is very helpful in relieving chronic migraines, sinusitis, allergies, and ENT problems.
Chakra Basti, a container is created in the umbilical region or the knee joints using the dough. Warm medicated oil or herbal liquid is poured into the container to make a reservoir. Basti therapy is greatly helpful in correcting the ‘Vata’ dosha, thereby relieving from digestive disorders, stiffness, and pain.