Health Challenges In Monsoon and Naturopathy For The Rainy Days
By: - July 26, 2018
As the seasons have changed and monsoon is upon us pouring in the rain, everybody is rejoicing and celebrating. But there is just one problem!
The abundance of water around us slowly gives rise to waterborne diseases and bugs.
So, in monsoon, people face a bigger health scare compared to other seasons. According to Naturopathy, the monsoon season has its distinctive effect on the three Doshas of the body i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
- The Vata accumulated in the body during the summer heat gets aggravated in the monsoon, creating all sorts of problems in digestion and immunity
- The Pitta, on the other hand, starts accumulating in the body after the cooling effect of monsoon and the acidic effects of the atmosphere
- The Kapha, by large, remains neutral and unaffected by the onset of monsoon. But as a person is made by a combination of all three Doshas, more or less everybody feels the effect on their body
But Naturopathy can help you to remain healthy throughout the season by changing your lifestyle and diet according to monsoon
Naturopathy Diet for Monsoon Season:
- Do not consume stale food, try to always eat freshly cooked food
- Eat Salty, Oily, and Sour food; and drink a lot of water to combat the cool environment
- Add Ginger, Garlic, and Onions in your diet to boost the metabolism
- As the metabolism is slower in monsoon, do not consume food that takes a longer time to be digested
- Prefer Pulses, Wheat, Rice, and Ghee for the regular diet and try to avoid uncooked leafy vegetables.
Naturopathy Lifestyle for Monsoon Season:
- Take extra care of your feet and if you have walked in the dirty water, clean them asap
- Keep your body warm to stay protected as bacteria and viruses can easily attack you at low temperatures
- Don’t let water remain accumulated around as it will act as a breeding ground for mosquitoes
- Maintain an ideal schedule for good metabolism
- Do not get over-exposure of direct sun, that too in the afternoon
- This is the ideal time for a Panchakarma detox which will keep you healthy throughout the year
Naturopathy has the remedy for every possible situation. Only if you believe in it and try to follow the ideal lifestyle and diet as per the seasonal changes.