Why Is Monsoon Considered To Be A Good Time For Panchakarma?
By: - July 27, 2018
In the summer season, the Pitta Dosha gets weak and the Vata Dosha increases in the body.
Hence, when the monsoon arrives, the fire in the body is depleted and the digestive system gets slowed down.
At the same time, the rains and cool environment invigorates the gasses and it creates disturbances in the body. Panchakarma helps the body to manage the three Doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
Panchakarma is a combination of five detoxification procedures namely…
- Vamana: Cleansing of the respiratory system by vomiting
- Virechana: Cleansing of the digestive system by purgation
- Nasya: Cleansing of the respiratory tract by ingesting liquid through the nose
- Rakta-moxana: Removal of toxins from the blood
- Basti: Cleansing of the colon through ingestion of medicated liquids
Monsoon is considered to be the ideal time to go for Panchakarma Therapy because the body can utilize the nutrients more effectively after Panchakarma.
As the body is freed from toxic elements and with a fresh inflow of nutrients, Panchakarma helps in replenishing the body and strengthening all the organs and tissues.
Benefits of Panchakarma in Monsoon:
- Panchakarma detoxifies the body and boosts immunity during the monsoon season
- It helps in preventing the lifestyle diseases such as Diabetes, Blood Pressure, and Back Pain
- Panchakarma helps in boosting the effects of other medications/ treatments
- It improves the blood circulation and thereby rejuvenation of the entire body
- It also helps in boosting the digestive system which slows down in the monsoon season
During monsoon, following a special diet and lifestyle will help you sustain the positive effects of Panchakarma throughout the year. This is the correct time to build up the system and strengthen it through Panchakarma.